Church of St. John the Baptist "na Prádle"

Malá Strana, Říční

It used to be the romanesque church bellonging to the village Újezd and it was first mentioned in the year 1142. The existing church nave is Gothic from the half of 13th century, the choir part is renaissance from the years 1641 - 1644. After the church closure in 1784 it was changed to the laundry ("na Prádle" means at the laundry), stock of coal etc. The church was renewed in 1935. Statue of St. John Nepomuceni sculpted by Michal Josef Brokof in 1715 is displayed next to the church.

Informations

Weather in Prague

Updated 01-01-1970 01:00