Smiřický palace

Malá Strana, Malostranské náměstí 6

It is an extensive four-wing Renaissance building with five floors, at the corner of Malostranské náměstí and Sněmovní street. It came to being in the first two decades of the 17th century. Around 1572 it was acquired by Jaroslav Smiřický from Smiřice. At the beginning of the 17th century the palace was enlarged above the arcade and a bay was added to its eastern side. In 1612 Albrecht Jan Smiřický bought the second house on the left side, which had its origins in the 14th century. Thus a palace as wel know it today, came to being, including its internat structure. In 1903 a covered bridge was built over Thunovská street into the Thunovský palace. The palace underwent a thorough reconstruction between 1993 and 1996. The palace is part of Czech Parliament buildings complex.

Informations

Weather in Prague

Updated 01-01-1970 01:00